Become a fan of Paya!
Location and Logistics
About the Resort
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Where on the island is the resort located?
Paya Bay Resort is located on the East End of Roatan island, on the north shore.
- How long is the ride from the airport to the resort?
The drive takes approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
- How will I recognize the resort's driver?
The driver will stand outside arrivals with a Paya Bay Resort sign.
- Can I stop at the supermarket on the way to the resort?
Yes, you may. There is an excellent, well-stocked supermarket located on the road to the resort. Just let the driver know you are wanting to stop and he will take you there.
- How far away is the nearest town?
The town of Oak Ridge is approximately fifteen minutes away by car. The larger town of French Harbour is 30 minutes away.
- How many rooms do you have?
We have 11 rooms. Eight double rooms with queen or king-sized beds, and three "family-sized" rooms with multiple beds.
- What voltage is the electrical current?
Electric current is 110 volts with standard American-style outlets.
- Are the rooms air-conditioned?
Yes, all our rooms have individual A/C units.
- Do the rooms have hair dryers?
No, we do not provide hair dryers. However, you may bring your own if you wish.
- Is the entire resort clothing-optional during naturist weeks?
All areas are clothing optional except the restaurant, main deck, and the Big Beach. more info
- Can you snorkeling be done from the shore?
Yes, snorkeling from shore is available from Secret Cove. To expand your snorkeling options we also offer twice daily snorkeling excursions to snorkeling sites inside the barrier reef.
- Are rental cars delivered to the resort?
Yes, most rental car companies we work with will deliver vehicles to the resort.